It’s no secret that paddle boarding is becoming increasingly popular among those who enjoy water activities. Paddle boarding has proven to be very beneficial for physical and mental health and is also a form of amusement. In addition, this is a sport that doesn’t necessitate a lot of gear. To go into the water, all you need is a paddle board.
The bright side of paddle boarding is that it is very affordable. There are plenty of options available on the market which are very budget-friendly. To save you from extensive research, we have provided you with many options from which you can choose your best inflatable paddle board under $400.
A Buying Guide To The Best Inflatable Paddle Board Under $400
When you buy something under a specific budget, you need to keep an eye on a few factors. Things might not be excellent as they seem, so do your complete homework before you finalize your purchase.
- With an inexpensive SUP, it is still essential to look for a long-lasting product.
- A drop stitch core is used in all inflatable paddle boards. So, the quality of the material and the number of layers employed are the main factors.
- Military-grade PVC is used to construct high-quality paddle boards, which often have two or more layers. Having this feature guarantees that they remain rigid when inflated. You won’t have to worry about them flexing because they can hold a lot of weight.
- A few cheap affordable stand up paddle boards have dual-layer PVC construction, but most are composed of single-layer PVC.
- Another thing to consider is always to read the warranty details.
- A warranty of one to two years is ideal for low-cost paddle boards.
- A lack of warranty on a SUP is a major red flag.
- The size of your body and what you intend to perform with your paddle board should be considered.
- If you plan to do yoga or bring a youngster along, you’ll want a sturdier SUP. Bigger paddlers have the same challenges.
- Boards with a broader width tend to be more stable. Beginners, fitness fanatics, heavier paddlers, and those who want to bring children should consider a board with a 32-inch or larger width.
- Younger paddlers, teens, and skilled riders can use the narrower models without issue.
- Stability is also dependent on the thickness of the material. Inflatable SUPs with thicker walls are more stable and have more volume. To put too much weight on it, they won’t bend.
- When purchasing an inflatable paddle board, look for a thickness of 6 inches.
- It would be best if you stuck with your budget while buying a paddle board.
- Paddle boards are not that big of an investment. And, they are just used to having some fun.
- You don’t need to spend a fortune to buy a paddle board. You can easily find yourself the best inflatable paddle board under $400.
Top 8 Best Inflatable Paddle Board Under $400
1. SereneLife Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board – Best Inflatable Paddle Board For Surfing
- Made of PVC
- Weighs 1 pound
- Item dimensions 126×30×6 inches
If you want an the best inflatable paddle board under $400 that is best for people of every age group, you should consider this best cheap inflatable paddle board. This board is ideal for those who are just starting. SereneLife has improved its inflatable paddle board with a non-slide soft top that buffers your falls in the event of a slip or an accident while paddling. They will come to the best of us at some point; therefore we should all be prepared.
The board’s design and materials are exceptional, and it can compete with boards priced in the $500 – $700 price range. This paddle board is 6 inches thick, making it a 2 person inflatable paddle board. This board comes with a leash, which most boards do not have.
This is an excellent surfing board because of the two fins at the back. A leash is necessary when you’re out in the ocean since this item will drift back to shore if you don’t hold on to it and a wave crash over you. Another superiority of this best value stand up paddle board is that it is effortless to roll or fold up and store. Roof racks are not required, and the vehicle takes up very little room.
2. FBSPORT Premium Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board – Inflatable Paddle Board With Seat
- Weight capacity 280 pounds
- Item dimensions 10’6×31×6 inches
- Made of military-grade PVC
If you are looking for a high-quality paddle board while staying on budget, this best beginner inflatable paddle board should be your pick. The inflatable paddle board is constructed of the top standard military-grade material, making it the most durable and lightweight board available on the market.
One large fin is removable, and the other two small fins are fastened to the board, allowing for more straightforward handling and maneuvering for youngsters, teens, and grownups. The triple bottom panel fins boost overall speed, and one large fin is removable.
You may modify the length of the handle end so that it is short enough to paddle when seated and long enough for somebody taller to paddle while standing. It comes in three sections to store and transport in a bag. It is elementary to assemble and adjust.
3. ADVENOR Paddle Board – Best Affordable Inflatable Paddle Board
- Item dimensions 11’×33×6 inches
- Weight limit 330 pounds
- Made of UV resistant material
This youth inflatable paddle board is quite comfortable and comes under the $400 price range, making it an excellent choice. The traction pad is quite pleasant, and the paddle is extremely lightweight. It will make you feel rigid and stable when you are on it.
ADVENOR provides a safety leash that ties your leg to your stand-up paddle board for your protection. Your ankle or calf should be strapped into the D-ring on the back of the SUP at all times when paddling. You are allowed to use an electric pump to inflate it in less than 5 minutes and then use the manual pump that comes with it to inflate it for another 5 minutes.
In addition, you will receive a waterproof cellphone pouch with this best inflatable paddle board under $400. Everything can be quickly stowed away in a bit of a bag. When you consider the price, this product is worth it. To provide a positive client experience, the company also provides a 12-month parts warranty and telephone support.
4. DAMA Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board – best inflatable paddle board for yoga
- Item dimensions 10’6×32×6 inches
- Made of PVC
- Weight capacity 330 pounds
This DAMA inflatable stand-up paddle board is a multifunctional board that can be used for various activities. With a weight capacity of 330 pounds, it is perfect for yoga, surfing, fishing, and transporting children and pets in both fresh and saline water.
DAMA has developed a Sport camera bracket mount with an inflatable stand-up paddle board, allowing you to mount your sports camera straight to the paddle board. DAMA is the exclusive owner of this newly updated design. Start keeping a record of your enjoyable time on the water. It takes only 10 minutes to inflate and 5 minutes to collapse, making this inflatable paddle board a breeze to set up and takedown.
Along with the grip handle, there are two distinctive supplementary steel D rings on the paddle board that make it even easier to carry than before. You may also use these rings to attach your paddle board to the board of a friend, allowing you to surf together and have fun. With these rings, you can convert it into the best inflatable paddle board with kayak seat by mounting the kayak seat on the paddle board as well. This is yet another design that is only available through DAMA.
5. FEATH-R-LITE Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board – Best Inflatable Paddle Board For Beginners
- Item dimensions 120×360×72 inches
- Made of PVC
- Weight capacity 280 pounds
This best inflatable paddle board under $400 is solid and does not indent in any way. And the most incredible thing about it is that it is very lightweight. Because this SUP is so light, you don’t have to worry about hauling it back to your car after a long day of paddling. You can also deflate it and store it in the carry bag that comes with it, saving you even more time in the future.
The pack is similar in appearance to a large canvas backpack. There is more than enough space for all of the tools, and then some more space. There’s a string at the top, which is quite helpful if the bag unexpectedly turns over on you.
The manual air pump is used to raise the PSI to the right level, and it takes approximately 20-25 minutes in total. The paddle is composed of aluminum, making it both strong and long-lasting. As a result, it is an extremely high-quality product in general.
6. Aqua Plus Inflatable SUP for All Skill Levels Stand Up Paddle Board – Best Budget Inflatable Paddle Board
- Made of PVC
- Weight capacity 330 pounds
- Weighs 20 pounds
This is an excellent paddle board for someone debating whether to purchase a high-quality paddleboard. The colors are vibrant, and the board has a substantial feel. Even after repeated expeditions, you will not notice any leakage. Additionally, it helps to keep the pressure constant.
There is a release on every board, and for this one, you can spin the small knob inside of the air hook until it opens up, at which point it will begin to take in air. You can release the air by pushing it down and gently twisting it so that the air does not come back up.
The paddle features a rapid extension grip, which is helpful, but the clip does not hold the paddle’s length as securely as it should, causing it to shorten and lengthen while being used. The fact that it does things slowly makes them a little bothersome, but that’s alright with me.
7. FunWater Inflatable Ultra-Light – Best Inexpensive Inflatable Paddle Board
- Made of PVC
- Weight capacity 330 pounds
- Item dimensions 10’6×33 “×6”
This board is simple to inflate, and when fully inflated, it is pretty firm and does not leak. It maintains its pressure for days and is simple to launch and retrieve from the port. The paddle is of reasonable quality and is easily adjusted. The board paddled admirably well for its size.
Excellent graphics, a deck pad, and tie-downs are among the many advantages of this board. It also provides the stiffness of the board at a pressure of 13psi. Furthermore, it tracks significantly better than you would expect from an inflatable. It is small and lightweight, making it easy to transport. Additionally, this pedal board is straightforward to deflate and store.
The disadvantages are that it must be thoroughly aired out and that you must have sufficient arm strength to inflate it fully.
8. FEATH-R-LITEFEATH-R-LITE Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board – Best Cheap Paddle Board
- Made of double-wall PVC
- Weight capacity 350 pounds
- Item dimensions 10’5”×33”×6”
The board functions flawlessly and can accommodate two people at the same time. Additionally, the board folds up neatly and fits snugly into the carrying case even after numerous usages. The adjustable paddle is suitable for everyone in the family, from your children to yourself.
After falling off and climbing back on, this board maintains its stability admirably. With the three fins, it tracks pretty well! It’s an excellent board that also turns exceptionally nicely. In moderate winds, on the other hand, it is entirely unaffected. Furthermore, this best inflatable paddle board for fishing appears to be of high quality. Moreover, the pricing is reasonable for a paddle board that is, on the whole, a great starter board. One of the disadvantages is exercising caution when utilizing this board in turbulent water. It will get the better of you in a split second!
With everything mentioned above, you are now prepared to shop for the best inflatable paddle board under $400. If you follow the buying guide and keep your requirements in mind while you make your purchase, your paddle board will not disappoint you.
What is an inflatable paddle board?
Inflatable paddle boards are one of the most affordable and convenient methods to get out on the water and enjoy the tranquility of the surrounding environment. No costly boat or rigid kayak is required to enjoy the marine life around you; instead, paddle boards provide various options for exploring the sea life. About inflatable SUPs, there isn’t much else out there that is as convenient to transport as these boards. When deflated, best affordable paddle boards can be readily transported in any vehicle instead of rigid SUPs, which require roof racks and a paddle board carrier.
What should one look for in an inflatable paddle board?
The shape of the board and obtaining the appropriate volume and capacity, as well as the board’s size, will be critical considerations. The decision between a solid and an inflatable board will be influenced primarily by how you intend to move it and how much storage space you have available. Another important consideration is the available budget.
Is it worth buying a cheap paddle board?
Choose the correct vendor and the right SUP board according to your needs and possibilities. A cheap inflatable SUP board can be a worthwhile purchase because it can fulfill the purpose and help you enjoy the activity as a beginner. There are some excellent inexpensive stand-up paddle boards available.
How much should you spend on a paddle board?
For as little as $180, you can have an inflatable SUP, and for as much as $2,000, you can get a high-end epoxy SUP. It is unnecessary to spend more than $400 on a reliable and sturdy recreational SUP for use during the summer months.
Is paddle boarding difficult?
Stand-up paddle boarding is an exceedingly simple water sport to master, and you can quickly progress from a beginner to an experienced paddle boarder. Individuals of all ages and fitness levels can learn to paddle board in a matter of hours if they receive good coaching.